Saturday, April 24, 2010

Annotated Bibliography

"Definition of Virus." www.medicalnet.com. MedicineNet,Inc, 2010. Web. 3 Apr 2010. < http://www.medterms.com/scrpit/main/ar>
This website gave me the background information of what viruses are. It gave me a clear and understandable definition for my research paper. This information was very vital because it allowed me to create an introduction to my project. This helpful information allowed me to also create a better structure to begin my research paper with.
"Viruses." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. W. H. Freeman and Company, 2000. Web. 3 Apr 2010. .
This website gave me information on the difference and many type of virus there are. It allowed me to give the reader a broad oversee of the many viruses there are with a brief description. It also allowed me to better single out the virus that I am specifically explain on my research paper.
Mayer, Gene. "BACTERIOPHAGE ." http:///pathmicro.med.sc.edu. The Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina, 17 Feb 2010. Web. 3 Apr 2010. .
This website allowed me to go in to detail about the structure and chemical make up of bacteriophages. It gave a very accurate and detail information the bacteriophages, from their icosahedral head all the way to their unique head. The bacteriophages have a very unique structure, and are the most complex of all viruses.
"General Information about Bacteriophages ." http://www.phages.org/. Phage.org, 2009. Web. 3 Apr 2010.
This website gave me a detail description of the life cycle of bacteriophages. It was the life cycle of the bacteriophages that make them so useful to fight infection cased by pathogenic bacteria. This key piece of information allowed me to give reason as to why bacteriophages can be use to help save people.
Bradley, David. "Viruses Versus Bacteria." www.sciencebase.com. David Bradley, 2010. Web. 13 Apr 2010. .

This website gave me the evidence to back up the clam that bacteriophages can be use to fight infection cause by bacteria. From this I gather that bacteriophages can have been already use to fight infections in old time, but have the treatment has been put on hold. This was a major piece of evidence I need for my research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment